In this bonus episode, Macy and Kathryn address a question they get in their DM’s ALL THE TIME: “What do I do when my spouse isn’t on board with what I want to do?”
That’s a great question and we get it, it can be difficult. We’re here to give you three things you can start doing to help get your spouse, team, co-workers, employees, etc. on board with your vision.
- Three Points (4:15)
- Not enough data
- Not enough conviction
- Lack of a unifying Goal
- You can’t argue against facts; have data in hand.
- Know what you’re getting into and how to explain it to others.
- Know what type of “buyer” you’re working with.
- You have to have Conviction.
- When you believe in something, it shows.
- How are you going to walk into a room?
- Talk to them when they are in the right frame of mind and show your conviction.
- Have a unified call (13:45)
- Do a vision board exercise together to get on the same page.
- Story about Mount Everest climbers (15:05)
- Repeat your goal regularly.
- When your unifying goal is strong enough, it’s easy to see what can be given up.
- Ask them why they’re not on board.
- GUIDE Culture March In Person Session in Alpharetta, GA
- Vision Board Exercise
- Stay tuned for an exciting announcement on Instagram later today!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to be the first one to know when new episodes are dropped!
If you listen and enjoy the content, we would LOVE if you left a review as well.
Have a podcast topic that you’d like for us to cover? Send them our way to firstname.lastname@example.org