In episode 39 of the GUIDE Culture® podcast, Macy and Kathryn address something that many business owners and entrepreneurs may have a tendency of doing: DISCOUNTING. Are you addicted to discounts? Listen to find out why you should stop discounting your product or service.
- Why you shouldn’t give discounts (3:43)
- Conditioning your customers to buy off urgency and not value, it’s a cycle.
- Story about Iron Tribe Fitness (6:50)
- Instead of discounting, add enough value to create loyalty with people.
- What is a discount? (12:30)
- When to give samples.
- Qualify the right customers. (15:30)
- Value Adds – going above your call of duty.
- There is a way to add value without giving away everything for free.
- “Earn” is a verb. To earn business takes time. Discounts do the opposite because they happen so quickly.
- Be excited to repel the people who are not your people.
- If you think your product is expensive, other people will think its expensive too. If they see it as expensive, they won’t see it as valuable. (26:30)
- The price has nothing to do with the value.
- How to get your people excited about your product (28:55)
- Enthusiasm is the belief in what you’re doing.
- What to do if everyone around you is selling the same product and offering a discount (31:19)
- What do you gain by showing discipline and not discounting (32:27)
- When you know how to communicate what you believe, it draws in the right customer.
- Q&A’s from Instagram. (40:20 – 45:15)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to be the first one to know when new episodes are dropped!
If you listen and enjoy the content, we would LOVE if you left a review as well.
Have a podcast topic that you’d like for us to cover? Send them our way to firstname.lastname@example.org