In episode 31 of the Good Is Cool podcast, I welcome back Kathryn Shubert. We are building on episode 30, so be sure to listen to that episode before you listen to this week’s!
- There’s a difference between sharing on stories and selling on stories. They are NOT the same! (2:07)
- Sharing is about you. Selling has to be about the other person.
- Start with Value (5:45)
- Do not water down your message. That’s how you will lose their attention.
- How to start with value (7:52)
- Repeat Important Things (10:13)
- When someone hears something for the 7th time, they really hear it for the FIRST!
- Repetition is king.
- Repeat your message in different ways.
- What do I even talk about on stories? (15:55)
- What goes in, must come out. Think about your input.
- What is personal development? (16:15)
- For something to change you, you need to walk away feeling challenged. It doesn’t need to just be motivational. It needs to push you to take action in your life.
- Stick with strong input that has credibility, not just what’s popular.
- Think about adding value to others as sowing seeds in a garden (19:50)
- If the information helped you, chances are it could help someone else.
- People buy you. The best way to sell yourself is to not talk about yourself, but to add value to others. (22:37)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to be the first one to know when new episodes are dropped!
If you listen and enjoy the content, we would LOVE if you left a review as well.
Have a podcast topic that you’d like for us to cover? Send them our way to email@example.com