In this episode, Macy and Loy discuss why they have a “No Sarcasm” rule in their workplace and in their homes and why they feel so strongly about it.
- Definitions of Sarcasm (1:41)
- Synonyms of Sarcasm (2:06)
- Antonyms of Sarcasm (2:16)
- What (2:35)
- Where (2:49)
- Why (3:01, 4:40)
- People struggle to say what they really want to say.
- To cover for lack of confidence.
- To break the silence.
- You want to chip away at someone else’s self confidence, so you can feel higher than them.
- It’s a subconscious habit.
- When (8:08)
- When they want attention.
- When they’re trying to build themselves up.
- When they’re trying to state a true feeling that they are having, but they are disguising it as a joke.
- What to do if you’re in an environment with a lot of sarcasm. (9:00)
- Upcoming Events
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to be the first one to know when new episodes are dropped!
If you listen and enjoy the content, we would LOVE if you left a review as well.