Do you know what we are deficient in? Nutrients. Most people have no idea how nutrient-deficient they are. Even the healthiest, cleanest eater EVER is nutrient deficient. It’s a #merica problem. Our food is SO mass produced, it’s just not as nutrient-dense as it once was.
Not to mention, think about all the #merica foods we are all addicted to.. Pop Tarts, Cheetos, Cinnamon Toast Crunch… I get it. It’s all delicious.
Changing your lifestyle is super hard. Like one of the hardest things, you can do. So, let’s not think about all the DQ we have to stop eating, and start thinking about some things we can add to our lives. Because the more good things you add, the less room there is for bad things.
A superfood shake is the best thing you can do for your body. Not a superfood vitamin, a SHAKE. I will always stand by Shakeology. Why? Because all of the superfoods are dried and ground in a way that your body can easily absorb. Have you ever put a vitamin in water? I have. It is still in its horse-pill form after 72 hours. Meaning that’s what it’s like in your body after you take it.
There are SO many benefits of Shakeology, but here are the ones that mean the most to me:
- Not a protein shake, a superfood shake
- All the protein shakes I see 24/7 always make me want to SMH because WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY SAID YOU WERE PROTEIN DEFICIENT? I’ll answer: never. Also – when is the last time you have heard of anyone in your life being protein deficient? I will also answer that: never. Whey protein is important immediately after your workouts to repair your muscles… but not as a snack or a meal.
2. Stops the diet cycle
- You start a diet, you’re exhausted and over it within a week, then binge on the weekends and start over on Monday. Who has experienced this? Most of you. Me too.
- This happens because when you restrict calories, you restrict nutrients. When you restrict nutrients, your body reacts to cravings, irritability, exhaustion, etc. When you replace these nutrients with shakeology, BOOM. You are replacing nutrients which will keep your body from reacting in a negative way.
3. Artificial sweetener free
- This is crucial for me. Personally – when I intake lots of artificial sweeteners, I find myself even more scattered than I already am. (If you follow my IG stories, @macymcneely, you know what I mean). Another issue I face with artificial sweeteners is gut issues.
4. Soy Free
- Soy is a cheap, genetically modified filler – it’s easy to put lots in a product to make the volume larger. Have you seen the Costco bags of protein that are like $40 and you’re like “SCORE!!!!!!”. Take a look at the label… it probably has large amounts of soy. As women, we really need to watch our intake of soy. It can increase the risk of breast cancer. It’s super difficult to find a product without soy AND artificial sweeteners… that’s why I am so thankful for Shakeology.
5. All my pre/probiotics
- Basically, your bathroom situation is going to be more regular. I know, #awkward, but important. Gut health is CRUCIAL. No more questioning my pre and probiotics… like which one are you really supposed to get? I believe Shakeology has the best. Wholeheartedly.
- Do you find yourself over-thinking? Too much worrying? Suffer from a lack of energy or motivation? Are you often tired or exhausted? Are you susceptible to catching colds or other illnesses? Adaptogens can help the body respond to stress. Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schisandra, and Chaga just to name a few.
- It’s kinda crazy, I drink mine around 1pm every day. As the day goes on, things can build up, I get overwhelmed, I am tired… you know what I mean. But something about a shake as a pick-me-up. It just helps me see things clearly. I feel more calm, easy going and a burst of energy.
- People that drink it consistently has felt these side effects, too.
Going, to be honest: I low key did not believe in this for a long time. I drank it, not really understanding it. But, over time, learning about it, reading about it, understanding what each and every ingredient does for my body and my mind, I have never been so passionate about something in a really, really long time.
It’s not a weight loss shake, it’s not magic, it’s just going to nourish your body in a way that it never has been before. Remember – when changing your lifestyle, focus on adding GOOD things in your life. More veggies, more water, more superfoods, more rest, more self-care. Shakeology is an incredible place to start.
Questions? Email me. Happy to chat with you!